- Thais are expected to wear a yellow shirt to work on Mondays, and pink on Tuesdays in honour of the King
- In Thailand a can of bottle of drink is cheaper than a chocolate bar
- Thais buses operate are nationalised, privatised and private (more to come on this soon)
- It is considered rude to consume a drink without a straw, all shops will give you one even if you only buy a carton of milk
- The (anti-government group) PAD, currently responsible for the closure of Bangkok's major airport, the emergency relocation of Thailand's government and the estimated loss of a million jobs, has its own national television channel. As you can imagine it is fairly propaganda heavy, and certainly not English language.
- I have not had a hot/warm shower for 7 weeks and 2 days (not one hot water molecule!)
Saturday, 29 November 2008
Did you know?
I've been here for 7 weeks and 2 days now (not the only 'did you know') and have been absorbing like a pasty, foreign looking sponge with extra large bags round its eyes from lack of sleep.